Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My New Obsession...

Wedding blogs! I had no idea that there was this whole world of wedding blogs out there. Women all over the country have created blogs detailing there own weddings and even helping other brides plan theirs. I have been spending hours on these blogs soaking it all up! It all started when my sister sent me the link to StyleMePretty and I found links to other blogs on that site and links on those sites to other sites and it is never ending! I have gotten a lot of great ideas and inspiration from these blogs. I am now even more determined to make our wedding day extra special and personal after seeing what other brides have done and the little touches that really make a wedding unique. I'm not the most crafty person, but I've found some things that even I can do!

My Inspiration Board - All of the blogs feature these inspiration boards which kind of cut and paste different pictures so you can get an overall feel for the look of the day. I played with this thing for days trying to find the right combo of pictures! This is what I came up with. I really wanted to see if the BM dress and the pink accents would "go" with our venues. What do you think?

My other new obsession seems to be the color fuschia as you can see from my inspiration board. This color kept sticking out to me in pictures and I do love pink! I think it will make a great accent color and really pop!

During my blog browsing I discovered a website where you can design your own
stamps! I think this is a really cute idea!

I also found my invitation vendor through one of these blogs,
LoveAtFirstInvite. Cathy lives in San Francisco and started her wedding invitation business out of her home after her own wedding. I think her designs are gorgeous and her prices beat some of the local vendors I looked into. She sent me a 3 page questionnaire to fill out with all the details of our wedding and will work off that to create something just for us! I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

No comments: