Tuesday, June 12, 2012

6 months

I can't believe Peyton is 6 months old already!  In some ways it seems like she just arrived in our lives, but in many others it seems like she has always been here.  It's hard to remember what life was like before!  As much as I want time to slow down I know the next six months will fly by we'll be celebrating her first birthday before we know it!

At 6 months Peyton:

  • Is sitting up unassisted for longer and longer periods of time.  She'll tumble eventually but I'd say she's officially sitting up on her own!
  • Has started eating solids!  So far we've tried rice cereal, applesauce, avocado and sweet potatoes.  She wasn't too sure about it at first but now loves to eat! Next up: pears, bananas, and carrots!
  • Is sleeping through the night again!  Sleep has been a little rough the past month or two but got really bad last week. Like waking up every 45 min-hour bad.  Luckily we were able to make some changes to the bedtime routine and help Peyton with self-soothing and she went back to sleeping 10-11 hours with no wake ups.  Such a relief for Jason and me.  We have been spoiled with a good sleeper for so long that we forgot how terrible sleep deprivation can be for everyone.
  • Loves to play with faces.  When I nurse her she constantly plays with my face or my hair.  It melts my heart!  Yesterday she started playing with my eyelashes.  Talk about attention to detail!
  • Weighed in at 14 lbs 3oz (17%), 25 1/2 inches long (42%)
  • Is laughing all the time.  It's adorable!
  • Was a star at her 6 month photo shoot.  The photographer repeated throughout the session not only how cute she was but also how good she was.  She said Peyton was one of the best babies she had ever photographed!  I'm dying to see the pictures.  I know they will turn out great.  I'll share the link when they are up!
  • Loves to be outside
  • Is really starting to enjoy bath time and splashing up a storm!
  • Makes Jason and me so very happy :)





No comments: