Friday, October 12, 2012

10 Months

At 10 months Peyton:

  • Is becoming less and less of a baby everyday.  I can't believe she will be 1 so soon!
  • Had a great meeting with our Parents as Teachers educator.  The educator was very impressed with Peyton's verbal language - both her chatter and the few real words she uses (hi, bye, baby, mama, daddy) and her receptive language as well as how mobile she is (her prediction was that Peyton would be walking by our next visit in December).  She thought Peyton as so smart, cute and funny.  I have to agree :)  The PAT program is such a great free service that many school districts have cut funding for but Brentwood still provides home visits every other month or so along with screenings.  It's so nice to receive validation that we are doing a good job as parents and helping Peyton learn and grow.
  • Loves to be outside.  She loves to play in the leaves or the wood chips at the playground.
  • Has 3 teeth (2 on bottom, 1 on top) and I think she is cutting several others.
  • Loves to brush her teeth everynight before bed
  • Turns off the lights when we leave a room
  • Chatters all the time.  Jason and I always laugh at her timing.  She always nods her head or says "yeah" right on target. She really understands so much.  I have a feeling she is going to have a lot to say once she really starts talking!
  • Is starting to assert her independence and throw some temper tantrums.  I think a lot of this has to do with not being able to communicate to us as much as she can understand. And of course she doesn't like to hear the word "no" or be taken away from something she is doing.
  • Is really on the go now.  She has really been exploring the house a lot more rather than staying in one room.  She pulls up on everything, is cruising and will walk when holding our hands.
  • Managed to climb our basement stairs several times over the weekend - with Jason right behind her.
  • Is currently facinated with flowers (she smells them all the time - real, fake, say the word flower and she wrinkles up her nose and sniffs!), dogs and other kids. 
  • Calls everyone "baby" :)
  • Loves to look at pictures
  • Amazes us everyday with how bright and sweet and funny she is.  I love seeing her personality emerge and getting glimpses of the little girl she is becoming!






No comments: