Monday, April 29, 2013

Third Trimester

I have finally reached the 3rd trimester!  For some reason the second trimester of this pregnancy seemed to drag.  I always felt like I should be farther along than I was.  Now, with the realization that this little guy will be here in approximately 11 1/2 weeks, I am hoping that time slows down a little bit!  We are doing pretty good as far as getting things ready.  We have the nursery close to being done.  Just need to get a chair and a few finishing touches.  I am really happy with how it's coming together.  Little buddy has lots of clothes thanks to his cousin Teddy and a lady at my work who was selling a ton of baby boy clothes for really cheap.  I just need to get them all washed and put away.

I'm feeling pretty good most days although this pregnancy continues to be harder than my first.  I chalk it up to chasing a toddler around all day.  My lower back aches from picking Peyton up and playing on the floor but Jason has become a pretty good masseuse :)  Heart burn is still killer if I don't keep ahead of it with medication.  I'm feeling bigger than ever and swear I was not this big till much later last time.  I have been taking a prenatal yoga class at the hospital and really enjoy it.  It helps me relax and stretch and I always leave feeling really good.  I'm also trying to get out and walk several times a week but it's getting harder to push Peyton in the stroller up the hills in our neighborhood.  I may have to alter my route a bit but I'm hoping to stay active for the next couple of months.  I'm trying my best to eat healthy but my sweet tooth gets the best of me sometimes!


Jason is looking good at 28 weeks ;)


































The baby is doing good.  He is super active and I feel sharp jabs and rolling movement all day long.  The movement I feel is so different than what I felt with Peyton.  I'm hoping this means that he is head down.  I have an ultrasound next week to check position.  Fingers crossed!

As of today, I am officially a full time stay at home mom!  I put in my notice at Maritz about 6 weeks ago and last Thursday was my last day. Jason and I will be forever grateful to my parents for taking care of Peyton for the past year.  She has built a strong bond with them that I know will last forever.  But I am so happy to have this time home with Peyton before the baby comes and thrilled to be able to stay home with the new baby. I hope to take advantage of the next couple of months with my sweet girl and do a lot of fun things and just soak up this time with her before things change.

No comments: