Thursday, June 13, 2013

18 months

At 18 months Peyton:

  • Has an ever growing vocabulary.  I stopped keeping track but I would guess she has close to 40 words if not more.  She has also started putting together 2-3 word sentences.
  • Can say "Peyton".  She used to refer to herself as "PeePee" but said Peyton clear as day a couple of days ago.  I've been making her repeat it over and over because it's so cute!
  • Loves to swing and go down the slide
  • Loves to push her baby doll in the little doll stroller
  • Does the best cat "meow" of anyone I know
  • Enjoys going for walks
  • Has become very attached to one specific little doll.  "Baby" goes just about everywhere with us and sleeps with Peyton.
  • Pats and rubs my belly :)
  • Likes to look at pictures of babies.  Hopefully she will like her baby brother just as much!
  • Is still my little helper.
  • Sings and talks in her crib for a while in the morning before calling one of us to come get her.  It's so sweet.  I love listening to her over the monitor.
  • Gives the sweetest kisses to us and her dolls.
  • Gets frustrated if she can't get something to work the way she wants.  I usually ask her if she wants help and am met with an emphatic "NO"!  So I let her work it out and tell her to take her time to get it the way she wants it.
  • Still enjoys looking at books and our bi-weekly trips to the library.
  • Is working on jumping.  She doesn't get far off the ground but boy does she try!
  • Is just as sweet as she can be.  Of course she has her moments and tantrums but most of the time she is such a good little girl.  I feel so grateful that she is pretty content to play as long as I am nearby as my energy is really lacking during this last month of pregnancy. 

1 comment:

Shannon said...

she's a smart little cookie. And a sweet one too. Can't believe she's not a baby anymore!