Tuesday, October 15, 2013

22 Months

At 22 months Peyton:

  • Is speaking in full sentences.  Her language continues to amaze me.  She is always listening and after hearing something once she can repeat it at a later time in the correct context.  Her memory is amazing!
  • Sings all the time.  She can sing Twinkle Twinkle, part of ABC's and makes up her own songs a lot.  Her biggest hit so far is a song consisting only of the word diaper.  It's actually quite catchy. Diaper, diaper diaperrrrr  :)
  •  Is becoming much more independent.  I often hear "No Mommy, I do it"  
  • Is also showing more independence when we are out.  I've noticed that she no longer sticks by my side when we are at play dates or open play at the Early Childhood Center.  She doesn't take as long to warm up to new people as she used to.
  • Loves to spin and dance
  • Has hit a bit of a rough patch with her sleep lately.  There have been nights when she has been up multiples times in the middle of the night and she fights her nap at least once a week.  I did not expect that my almost 2 year old would be sleeping worse than my newborn!  Hopefully we'll get it straightened out soon.
  • Is slowly working on potty training.  She pees on her little potty multiple times a week but it's not something I'm pushing.  I'm letting her take it at her own pace for now.
  • Has been very snuggly lately.  Maybe to offset some of her new found independence.  She wants to snuggle when she wakes up in the morning and after her nap.  I am happy to oblige.
  • Continues to be a great big sister.  She's very loving to Charlie and has started to ask to hold him.  She saw her cousin Merrill holding him and wanted to do the same.
  • Is a mini-me.  If you ever wonder what you sound like or what words/phrases you say all the time, listen to your toddler.  She repeats everything I say!
  • Loves to read
  • Is a little mama.  She loves her baby dolls and is constantly caring for and playing with them.
  • Gives the best leg hugs.  Accompanied with "I love you" and I am a big old pile of Mommy mush
  •  Is growing up too fast!  How is it possible that she is almost 2?!






No comments: