One day Peyton came to me and told me she wanted to have an ice cream stand. I think she saw a lemonade stand on tv and then decided she wanted to sell ice cream. When I asked her why ice cream she said "Ice cream makes people happy!" Can't argue with that! She made a list of all the things she would need. She made a sign and decided that the little blue table in the basement would make a perfect ice cream stand. I wasn't quite sure how we would pull it off but she was so excited I knew we had to help her make it a reality. So one Saturday afternoon in October (luckily it was 80 degrees out!) Jason and Peyton gathered everything needed (and Jason took the opportunity to teach Peyton some Business 101) while I went to the grocery store and bought some little drumsticks, popsicles and fudge pops. We popped them in the cooler and out to the driveway we went to set up Peyton's ice cream stand. I was nervous that no one would show up and she would be disappointed but that wasn't the case. Our kind neighbors, a couple of kids from up the street and my family all came and bought some ice cream. Peyton was thrilled and she made $13! Jason and I were really proud of her for coming up with the idea and carrying it out. I never would have had the nerve to do something like that when I was 4 years old! I'm constantly impressed with Peyton's confidence and I hope she continues to grow into a strong, confident girl who knows what she wants and goes after it!
Sunday, October 30, 2016
Little Entrepreneur
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment