Yesterday was the last day of school for Peyton and Charlie. We now officially have a Kindergartener - which I can't believe! Peyton and Charlie both had a great year at St. John. Peyton has been a little emotional the past few weeks when talking about the last day of school. She will start at a new school next year and will miss her teachers and friends. I fully expected her to be in tears when I picked her up yesterday but she was happy and excited! She told her teacher that she cried on the last day of school last year and she wasn't going to do it this year! She had a moment after we walked out of school but it was short lived. I have a lot of mixed emotions about her starting kindergarten next year. While I know she will do great and I'm excited to see how she will grow, it's a little bittersweet to have our first child starting grade school. It's the beginning of a new chapter for our family and I'm not sure I'm quite ready for it!
Peyton took her camera to school so she could take pictures of all her friends.
First day vs. last day (bottom left). Peyton chose to wear the same dress!
Last week Peyton's teacher had an award ceremony for the class. Peyton was given the award for "Encouraging Friend". We are so proud of the kind girl that she is!
I loved these silhouettes of all the kids that were graduating!
Look how much shorter her dress is! She's grown so much! Can't believe she is off to kindergarten. She is going to have a blast. Hang on, the fun is just beginning!
1 comment:
Look how much shorter her dress is! She's grown so much! Can't believe she is off to kindergarten. She is going to have a blast. Hang on, the fun is just beginning!
Post a Comment