I have chosen a wedding dress! My mom and I went to the dress shop on Saturday and I was measured and a deposit was put down. The dress is officially mine! I am so excited and can not wait to wear this gorgeous gown on my wedding day. I tried on many many dresses, but ended up with one of the very first ones I tried on at a small shop in Connecticut while visiting my sister. I came close to changing my mind a couple of times, but then I would put this dress on again and it was just perfect. It was the one that made my mom tear up - twice! - so I know that it's the one! I thought about putting a link to the picture online, but I won't tempt Jason!
In other wedding news, after debating back and forth we have decided to go with a Dj over a band for the reception. We found a dj that we both really liked. He's been in the business for 22 years and just seems very passionate about what he does. From some of the stories he told us, it seems like he really goes the extra mile to make sure that the night is perfect for the bride and groom. I still think I might have liked to have a live band, but a dj just makes more sense and allows us to use the money that we saved for other things. I am confident that our dj will do a great job and keep everyone on the dance floor all night!
Jason and I have also been interviewing photographers over the past couple of weeks. We have interviewd two so far and have one more to talk to this weekend. It was hard to narrow down the field. There are soo many photographers in St. Louis and it seems like everyone I talked to recommended a different one! I think of the three that we are interviewing though, any of them would do a great job. It will probably come down to who we feel the most comfortable with and who offers the best package that fits our needs.
So things are moving right along for us! After we choose a photographer we will probably have some down time before we really have to make any more big decisions. Next up will be the fun stuff and the part that Jason is most anticipating - cake tasting!!
Monday, June 2, 2008
The Dress!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment