Thursday, September 25, 2008

Events from last weekend/this week

Anyone familiar with St. Louis has either seen the balloons from the Forest Park Balloon race or is at least aware that it occurs every year. One event that is a part of the festivities that still seems to fly under the radar (no pun intended) is the Balloon Glow. Lauren and I attended for the first time this year and we were both really impressed.
Here are some pictures


Then on Sunday we went to the Wasabi Festival with Brandon. A local sushi restaurant, Wasabi, held a festival on Washington Ave filled with traditional Japanese music, sushi, Japanese beer and yes a sushi eating contest. The sushi eating contest was impressive in the fact that 3 of the contestant threw up, the winner ate 88 pieces of sushi in 10 minutes and some hilarious quotes came from one of the contestants. When asked what his strategy was, one gentleman said "My body is polluted with alcohol...Asians for life...I've been eating rice since I was born." If that isn't sound strategy then I don't know what is.


Obviously all of that fun wasn't nearly enough to hold the two of us until the weekend :) Lauren was offered to tickets to this afternoon's Cardinal game from one of her vendors at work. We were able to only work for a half day and we saw a victory (even if it was an empty victory since the Cardinals have been eliminated from the playoffs). That makes for a pretty great Thursday if you ask me.

We're looking forward to the weekend...for very different reasons. For me the weekend will mean hanging out with friends and family, kickball, basketball and bbq. For Lauren it means hanging out with friends and family, bbq and a facial (in no particular order).

1 comment:

Scott said...

I hope that you were able to have some Espresso Stout!!!!! at the festival