Monday, September 15, 2008

One Year to Go!!

We are officially one year away from the wedding! Jason and I celebrated our one year til wedding day pre-anniversary on Friday;) Jason surprised me with a dozen gorgeous roses delivered to my work. He's definitely a keeper! We went to dinner at Oceano, a new seafood restaurant in Clayton. It was awesome! The food and the service were great and the dessert was to die for! We also saw Msgr. Jovanovic there (the priest who will be marrying us)! We couldn't believe the coincidence! We haven't seen him since our last pre-marital counseling session in April and just happen to see him exactly one year till wedding day as we are celebrating! Plus, who knew he was so hip that he would come to this trendy little seafood place in Clayton! Jason had to remind me that priests do have lives outside of the church ;)



Speaking of delicious food, we had a tasting at our reception site a couple of weeks ago. Jason and I and his parents went to the Hyatt and tried all kinds of great food. Definitely one of the most fun parts of wedding planning! It was hard to decide but we settled on a menu that we think everyone will enjoy. I know I can't wait to eat it all again! Typically, couples don't do a tasting till 2-3 months before the wedding. However, our reception site is changing hands at the end of the year - the Hyatt at Union Station will become the Marriott at Union Station. Our coordinator, Megan, will also be leaving at the end of the month in order to stick with the Hyatt, so we did the tasting early so she could be there to help us out. The plus side is that we will get to have another tasting closer to the wedding! I'm really sad to lose Megan. She has been so great and so much help and put up with my endless questions and worries! She has done everything she can up to this point to make sure that we will maintain the best quality and service once things change over. I was a little nervous about things changing, but hopefully by the time we get married they will have any kinks ironed out!

Jason and I are having engagement pictures taken at the end of the month. I'm really excited! It will be good practice for wedding day!

In other wedding news, I went back to the bridal shop last week to visit my dress just to make sure it's still the one. And don't worry it is! With the long engagement sometimes I find myself second guessing the decisions we have already made. Jason has had to give me several little pep talks to remind me that we made these decisions because we love them and felt they were right. That hasn't and won't change. Sometimes I just need a little reminding! Jason and I are really enjoying our engagement and planning the wedding, but we are getting anxious for the big day to get here! I know the next year will fly by though, so I keep reminding myself to take it all in and not rush through this great time in our lives.

No comments: