I recently realized that I am great at keeping up with other people's blogs but not so great at updating ours! So, I'm going to try to update more frequently. We'll see how it goes ;)
Life is moving right along for Jason and me. We had a great time with our friends a couple of weeks ago celebrating Jason's birthday. It was really nice to have all of our different groups of friends in one place. It made me really excited for the wedding when we will have even more friends and our families all in one room! Jason and the guys played Wii into the early morning hours and I caught up and gossiped with my girlfriends. It was a great time!
Wedding plans are really starting to come together and I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Jason and I did some cake tastings in the past couple of weeks which was a lot of fun. Jason's comment was that we should just go to every bakery in St. Louis regardless of whether we are interested in them, just to get free cake! Not a bad idea if you ask me! We did decide on Lubeley's bakery. It's a family owned bakery here in St. Louis and they are known for their amazing cake. Jason and I loved the homemade taste of the cake and buttercream frosting. It's exactly what we want. We got to taste several flavors and I think we settled on yellow cake with a chocolate pudding filling and devils food cake with a chocolate buttercream filling. My mom and I are going to go back in a couple of weeks to finalize everything and work up a design. We just want something fairly simple. Maybe something like this but without the cake topper.
The wedding is exactly 7 months from today and I more than ready for it to be here! I'm getting a little tired of wedding planning and making decisions, but I can't wait to see how everything comes together. It will be here before we know it!


2 comments:
Seven months to go- how exciting! Cake tasting sounds like a pretty fun wedding task!
Are you guys going to be down at Mardi Gras at all?
Love,
Leslie
So glad you found my blog! We got our cake from Lubeley's too and it was YUMMY! It actually looked like your sample picture...simple and white. I think there is a picture of it somewhere on my blog!
Post a Comment