Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Adventures of LoLo and Millie :)

I spent a few days in Connecticut last week visiting Shannon, Scott, and Millie and had so much fun! Shannon had the week off work and Millie had the week off from daycare so we had lots of girl time! Unfortunately, Scott had to work. Hey, somebody's got to do it ;)

I got in town late Wednesday morning and Shannon and Millie met me at the airport. I made sure to do a web chat with Millie and Shannon the day before, just so my face would be fresh in Millie's mind. She is at the point where she recognizes people and remembers them and she has recently started saying my name, Lolo. I was so excited to see Millie when I got there and fully expected her to share my enthusiasm. Um, not so much. She totally gave me the cold shoulder!! I got down on her level to say hello and she refused to even look at me! She turned her head away and acted like I wasn't even there. I couldn't help but laugh! Fortunately for me her refusal to acknowledge me only lasted for a few minutes and then she smiled and took off running around the baggage claim area. I know she was just testing me! I sat in the back seat with her for the hour car ride back to Fairfield and by the time we got there we were best friends and shared some soup for lunch :) Millie picked up the word soup while at lunch. She's saying new words everyday and it's just amazing to watch the wheels turn in her little head. She repeats everything and you can tell she is really trying to associate the words with their meaning. She knows several animal sounds and also all the names of her friends at daycare. She's a genius :)

Thursday we walked up to the nearby middle school for Bubble Mania. What is Bubble Mania you ask? Well, it's this guy with blue hair who basically tells corny jokes and blows bubbles up on stage. Very entertaining if you're five. The auditorium was packed when we got there and we had to sit on the floor. Millie enjoyed watching all the other kids but wasn't quite sure what to make of the blue haired man on stage. With ten minutes left in the show, the fire marshal showed up and kicked everyone out who was not sitting in a seat. A couple hundred people, including us had to leave. Millie wasn't too upset and actually seemed to have more fun running around the lobby of the school!
Friday we spent the morning shopping. We hit up Old Navy and Millie got a new Easter dress and Shannon picked up some new maternity clothes. We also went to Hallmark and picked up a few stationary items. Millie had a great time rearranging the store shelves ;) Friday night Shannon and Scott went on a belated Valentine's date and I stayed home with Millie. I was a little nervous about babysitting. My last attempt didn't go so well and Millie cried most of the time. No tears this time! We played and ate dinner and she didn't even fight me when it was time for a diaper change (not her favorite thing). Millie loves to play in their unfinished basement. Usually, Scott takes her down there and plays the guitar while she dances and runs around. It's freezing down there though and kinda scary if you ask me. But, when Millie grabbed my finger and said "LoLo" and led me to the basement door I couldn't say no. I'm such a sucker! We ventured into the basement three times that night! Overall the evening was a success! Just as she was starting to get tired and asking for Mama, Shannon and Scott got home. Good timing!
Saturday morning we played before it was time for me to head back to St. Louis. It's always so hard for me to leave! Life always seems a little quiet and empty for a few days. It was so nice to get to spend so much one on one time with Millie. She's such a little person now and so much fun to play and interact with. I have always been worried that because of the distance I would be a stranger to her, but I feel confident now that Millie knows me and won't forget me. Shannon, Scott, and Millie will be coming home for a week in April, so not too long before I see them again!

Jason spent Saturday in Soulard celebrating Mardi Gras. Unfortunately, he's been sick with a terrible head cold ever since :(

This weekend we are going to finalize our cake for the wedding and go check out our rehearsal dinner location, LoRusso's. If you live in St. Louis and haven't been you should definitely check it out. It's our favorite restaurant and where Jason and I went to celebrate our first Christmas together :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

We had so much fun having you here! Millie is still talking about LoLo :)... and "money" :D

Scott said...

When I was getting Millie to sleep tonight, she was saying "Lolo, lolo, lolo, lolo..."