Dinner club this month turned into a fun double date night with Kelly and Jason. Kelly's choice for O: Oceano. I don't think there was really any doubt where we would go. Oceano is known for their fresh seafood and fish selections. Jason and I have been there once but we realized it was 2 1/2 years ago and we were anxious to go back! The atmosphere is nice - perfect place for a date night and the service is great. Our server just happened to be our good friend Daniel so I wouldn't expect anything less :)

The four of us shared an appetizer: Amber Glazed Salmon Flatbread with caper cream cheese and aged parmesan, wild greens, and fennel. The flatbread was cut into pieces so it was perfect for sharing. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the amber glaze was sweet and delicious! Between the four of us we ended up only trying to entree's. Two of us had the lobster risotto and two had the sea bass. Both were excellent choices! Kelly's Jason (this gets confusing!) and I had the lobster risotto. It was rich and creamy topped with fresh lobster meat, melted leek, roasted garlic and parmesan cheese. I'm sure it was super unhealthy by the amounts of butter that were described as going into it, but I enjoyed every bite! The portion was not overwhelming so I didn't feel too bad when I cleaned my plate. Jason and Kelly both had the Sea Bass over sweet corn and asparagus risotto with a smoked tomato butter which was Daniel's top recommendation. I can see why. It was very good and part of me was wishing I had ordered it. So I just kept sneaking bites from Jason's plate. Unfortunately, once again I did not take any pictures of our dinner and can't find any on the restaurant's website.
We had a wonderful meal and great time catching up with Kelly and Jason. I highly recommend Oceano the next time you are in the mood for seafood and a nice night out!
No comments:
Post a Comment