Saturday, April 9 2011 started off like any other weekend morning at our house. Jason and I woke up, lounged around for a bit and ate breakfast in bed. We had plans to work in the yard and Jason needed to run a few errands first. When he left I decided to take a pregnancy test. I was supposed to start my period that day and so far had no signs of it which was a bit unusual for me. However, I had spent the majority of the week convincing myself that it was coming to avoid any disappointment when it arrived. My original plan was to wait until Sunday to test, but I just knew I couldn't go through the day without knowing. So I took the test and before I could even wash my hands it turned positive! I was shocked! All I said over and over was "Oh my God. Oooh my God!" When we started trying to have a baby, I tried to think of a cute way to tell Jason when the time came. A couple of weeks ago the perfect idea came to me! Jason recently got a job with New Balance and even before he worked there, he has always worn New Balance running shoes. So I ordered the smallest pair of New Balance shoes I could find that are the exact same kind that Jason wears. They were soo cute! After staring at the test for a few minutes and reading and re-reading it to make sure I wasn't seeing things, I grabbed the box from the guest room. My hands were shaking as I tried to get it open to put the pregnancy test inside with the shoes. I could not believe that this scene that I had played out in my head many times was actually happening. I was ready to tell Jason that he was going to become a daddy! One problem - he wasn't home! I texted him to see when he would be back and his response was 30 seconds. I was freaking out! I was pacing the house waiting for him to get home. As soon as he walked in the door he saw me and immediately asked "What's up with you?" I had a huge grin on my face. I just pointed to the table where the box sat. He asked what it was and I just shrugged. I know he was confused as to why there was a New Balance box on the table since he didn't order it through work. He pulled out the tiny box and opened it and started to say "aww" when he saw the tiny shoes thinking it was for our niece and then his jaw dropped when he saw the pregnancy test resting on top of the shoes. All I could muster out was "I took a pregnancy test this morning". Jason grabbed me and hugged me and we both had tears in our eyes. It was such a surreal moment. One that we had both been anticipating and that turned out better than I could have imagined. For the next hour or so we just sat at the table in disbelief and talked about how we could not believe this was happening and how excited we were. I must have looked at the stick 50 times to make sure it really said Pregnant. After some of the shock wore off we spent the afternoon outside working in the yard and every once in while one of us would look at the other and say I can't believe we are going to have a baby! We went to church that evening and then to dinner to celebrate. It was the perfect day.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment