18 weeks down, 22 to go! The second trimester has continued to go smoothly and I'm feeling really good. My energy levels have returned pretty much to normal which is a good thing considering we have a very busy month (4 weddings, birthdays and my 10 yr high school reunion!). I can't believe that in two weeks we will be able to find out if we are having a boy or girl. I think that will only enhance the bond I'm beginning to feel with the baby and we can finally start planning for the arrival. I feel a little guilty that I haven't made one purchase or really made any decisions on the nursery etc. I have a feeling that once we find out the sex I will go on a spending spree ;)
A few new things over the past few weeks. I am 90% sure that I have felt the baby move! I have been feeling some flutters and bubbles over the past week or two and and I'm pretty sure it's the baby kicking and not just my digestive system. It's different than anything I've felt before and it's such an amazing feeling to know that the baby is in there moving around and giving me little love taps to say "hi". Jason is so anxious to be able to feel those movements from the outside. I think in some ways he's a little envious that I get to experience all of these little miracles during pregnancy while at the same time I find myself a little envious of him for not being bound by some of the pregnancy restrictions/changes I face daily and being able to maintain "normal" life for a little while longer.
We have nicknamed the baby Little Ick. Well, I should say my niece, Millie, nicknamed the baby. Little Ick is a character from the children's show Little Bear and she thought it would be the perfect name for the baby. I think it's cute and it stuck :)
The other big change is my growing belly! I am definitely showing now and while I'm excited to have an official baby bump it's been a little harder to get used to than I anticipated. I have felt very self conscious over the past several weeks as my belly gets bigger. Some days I just feel fat rather than pregnant and I think, like many women, I have a skewed body image. Thankfully Jason is there to constantly remind me that I'm not fat, I'm pregnant and he's always telling me how beautiful I am. He's such a good hubby :) Over the past few days I think my belly has really started to round out and look much more like a bump and not just a few extra lbs :)
I was not really prepared for all of the comments and attention my belly would get. While most people have very kind things to say like "oh you look so cute" I have gotten a few comments regarding how big I am or even the "maybe you are having twins" comment. Thank you for essentially telling me I look huge. I know I have to let these comments roll off my back, but man they really get under my skin. I know they mean no harm and are just showing interest but they are not what an already self conscious woman wants to hear. I mean if you think I look big now, what are you going to think when I'm about to have this baby! Here are some bump pictures. Any guesses on boy or girl??
![]() |
| 14 weeks |
![]() |
| 16 weeks |
![]() |
| 18 weeks |
How Far Along: 18 weeks
Size of Baby: approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +6 pounds
Maternity Clothes: So far just two pairs of maternity pants for work and a few tank tops. I'm taking advantage of all my summer dresses! A friend also gave me a huge bag of maternity clothes that I'm sure I will be sporting soon!
Movement: I'm pretty positive that I have felt those first flutters of movement!
Symptoms: Some occasional fatigue still, but overall I'm feeling great!
What I Miss: My pre-pregnancy body. It's an adjustment getting used to my growing belly!
Girl or Boy: We will find out in two weeks!
Belly button In or Out: Still in
Stretch Marks: Not yet.
Cravings: Bacon still always sounds good, although I don't eat it too much. Lately avocados and tomatoes with cottage cheese. Sounds weird but it is yummy!
Best Moment This Week: Feeling those little flutters and twitches!



No comments:
Post a Comment