Sunday, June 26, 2011

Let's Talk Pregnancy

So far this baby has been very good to me!  The first trimester flew by and it's hard for me to believe I'm already on to the second.  I feel very lucky that I did not suffer from morning sickness at all and really had no aversions to food or smells.  I had a few waves of nausea here and there but nothing that lasted more than a few minutes.  I was extra tired through the first trimester which may have led to a few mood swings (sorry J!), but even that was probably not as bad as it could have been.  All in all so far pregnancy has been a great experience!  My boss keeps telling me that I am going to have a lot of babies because I'm having such an easy pregnancy and I will be willing and eager to do it all again.  We'll see how the rest of this journey goes! 

A couple of pics to document my growing belly:

9 weeks


12 weeks

Overall Review of the First Trimester:

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +2

Maternity Clothes: Not in the first trimester, but I just got some maternity pants today!

Movement: Not yet!  I can't wait to feel those first flutters!

Symptoms: Luckily not many!  Fatigue, frequent trips to the bathroom and sore breasts.

What I Miss: I miss being able to have a glass of wine or beer with dinner and sushi.

Girl or Boy: We should find out on August 1st!

Belly button In or Out: In - let's hope it stays that way!  It will freak me out if it pops out!

Stretch Marks: None yet. 

Cravings: No specific cravings really.  Although I started drinking apple juice and eating applesauce a lot.  I also will never turn down ice cream and bacon has been exceptionally delicious to me!

Best Moment This Trimester: The first dr. appointment at 9 weeks where we got see the baby and hear the heartbeat.  It was such an amazing moment for Jason and me and one I will never forget!  That moment made everything very real!

No comments: