Now that we are out of the pregnancy closet, I can share some of the details of the past couple of months! Saturday, April 9 2011 started off like any other weekend morning at our house. Jason and I woke up, lounged around for a bit and ate breakfast. We had plans to work in the yard and Jason needed to run a few errands first. I had been experiencing what I thought could be pregnancy symptoms for the past few days, but had pretty much convinced myself that there was no chance I was really pregnant to avoid being dissapointed. But Saturday morning something told me I should just check and see, so when Jason left I took a pregnancy test. Almost immediately the word Pregnant showed up on the little screen. Unlike the other tests I'd taken there wasn't a NOT before that word. I think part of me knew, but at the same time to see it, I was shocked and in disbelief. My heart was pounding and all I could say was "oh my God! I can't believe this is happening" to myself over and over!
It actually worked out that Jason was gone because I had a little plan on how I wanted to tell him. I knew I wanted to do something special to tell Jason that we were going to have a baby and when he started working at New Balance, the perfect idea came to me. I had ordered the tiniest pair of New Balance tennis shoes that I could in the same style that Jason wears. I put the positive test in the little box with the shoes. My hands were shaking so bad I could barely get the box open. I really could not believe that everything I had been thinking about the past few months was coming true. Now, I just needed Jason to come home! I texted him to see when he would be back and he responded 30 seconds. When he walked in the door he saw me standing there with a huge grin on my face and asked "What's up with you?" I pointed to the box on the table. He asked what it was and I just shrugged and told him to open it. He was confused by the New Balance box since he didn't remember ordering anything. He opened the box and at first only saw the tiny shoes and started to say awww thinking they were a gift for our niece. Then his jaw dropped and I knew he saw the test. He looked at me and all I could say was "I took a test." He hugged me and we both had tears in our eyes. He was totally surprised! It was such a surreal moment. One that we had both been anticipating and that turned out better than I could have imagined. For the next hour or so we just sat at the table in disbelief and talked about how we could not believe this was happening and how excited we were. I must have looked at the stick 50 times to make sure it really said Pregnant. After some of the shock wore off we spent the afternoon outside working in the yard and every once in while one of us would look at the other and say I can't believe we are going to have a baby! We went to church that evening and then to dinner to celebrate. It was the perfect day!




3 comments:
Love it!
Such a cute story!!! YAY!
YAY! Those little shoes are too cute!
Post a Comment