Last Sunday Kelly and I ventured out to Historic St. Charles and had lunch at Quintessential. The weather was perfect. We finally had a break from the heat and it was a beautiful 78 degrees and sunny so we opted to have lunch on the rooftop. We got there a little after 11 and had the entire place to ourselves. The restaurant is also a popular nightlife spot so I guess all the other patrons were home nursing hangovers :) The rooftop is huge! With plenty of tables, outdoor lounge seating and two bars it would be the perfect spot to spend a summer evening enjoying a few drinks. They offer a large menu with just about anything you could want: lots of appetizers, salads, burgers & sandwiches, pizza, pasta and even steaks. These days I usually let this little baby growing inside of me dictate what sounds good and that particular day it was the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich (grilled chicken, hot sauce, bacon and cheddar cheese) which I got as a wrap with sweet potato fries on the side. Kelly got the Crab Cake Sandwich (jumbo lump crab cake, tomato ginger chutney, and chipotle aioli on a wheat bun) with the sweet potato fries as well. My wrap was good, but severely lacked on the hot sauce so it didn't quite satisfy my craving for buffalo chicken. It was more like just a grilled chicken wrap with some bacon and cheese. The fries were tasty though! Kelly said her crab cake sandwich was good and while I didn't taste it, it looked good from where I sat :) After lunch we continued to take advantage of the good weather and walked around historic Main Street and browsed through the boutiques. Of course after walking for a while we had to stop for an ice cream cone at an old fashioned ice cream parlor.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Restaurant of the Month: Q
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment