Jason and I spent a wonderful Father's Day with both of our dad's at the Cardinals game on Sunday. My sister had the great idea of getting all the families together for one big celebration and it worked out great! It was nice to have everyone in one spot. We met Jason's Dad and sister down in Soulard for lunch at Llywellyn's. Unfortunately, Jason's mom wasn't feeling well so she wasn't able to join us. We had a nice lunch and then met up with the rest of our crew to take the trolley to the stadium. Somehow my sister manged to score 14 seats all in one row and in the shade! Before the game we got a shot of all the dad's and the dad to be of course!
I am happy to say we brought home a winner - although it was a nail biter - walk off home run in the 9th by Skip Shumaker for the win! We also witnessed Albert Pujols fracture his forearm which will keep him out for 4-6 weeks :( After the game Jason and I had dinner with my parents and brother at Benton Park Cafe. It was a nice relaxing end to the day. Of course I also had to treat Jason to Ted Drewe's on the way home. You know how they say pregnant women really like ice cream? I think I am proving that theory right ;) I did get Jason a little something to celebrate Father's Day. I found this beer mug at a little boutique in St. Charles and couldn't pass it up: Daddy's Sippy Cup. Perfect!
I am looking forward to next year when we will have our little one with us to celebrate Father's Day!


1 comment:
every once in a while, I'm awesome :). (or really lucky...) It really did turn out to be a fun time! Glad it worked out for everyone!
Post a Comment