It's hard to believe I'm already a little more than halfway through my second pregnancy. It's been a different experience being pregnant while caring for a busy toddler and the first trimester was especially tough. I was much more nauseous this time around and just didn't feel well a lot of the time. I was also very moody and emotional and poor Jason didn't know what version of his wife he was going to get from minute to minute. Luckily I am feeling much better in the second trimester, my energy has returned and my moods have leveled off (for the most part!). I've been nesting a ton already and have organized almost every closet in the house as well as the kitchen cabinets. Jason has enjoyed that part :) I've been feeling the baby kick quite a bit for the past couple of weeks and Jason was able to feel it from the outside this past weekend. I am feeling pretty good most days and my only real symptom lately has been heartburn. I had it last time around as well but don't remember it kicking in this early. My cabinet is stocked with Tums.
My belly has popped in the past couple of weeks and while I feel like it's bigger than last time, after looking at pictures I don't think it is. Just shaped a little differently. My weight gain is exactly the same as last time so all in all I'm pretty on par with my first pregnancy at this point.
I had my 20 week ultrasound on Monday and everything is looking good with the baby. We did find out the sex but are waiting to tell our families on Saturday with a fun little gender reveal party. It's hard to keep it a secret but so far no one has pestered me too much ;) Any guesses as to what we will reveal on Saturday?
![]() |
| Left: Pregnant with Peyton Right: Pregnant with Baby #2 |

1 comment:
I'm sticking with boy :). Millie agrees with me, but Merrill (and apparently Teddy) say girl. Can't wait to find out! Either way this baby will be very loved!
Post a Comment