I'm in the home stretch of this pregnancy and so ready to meet our little guy! The past couple of weeks have been tough. Beginning with an unscheduled trip to the dr. two weeks ago due to a lot of pain and swelling in my legs. My blood pressure was high so I was sent to the hospital for some tests - all of which came back negative thank goodness but it was a bit scary at the time not knowing if the baby would have to be delivered that day. My blood pressure returned to normal and stayed that way at my appointment later that week. However, the pain and swelling in my legs seemed to get worse. I dealt with swelling with my first pregnancy but not the pain which was awful and became too much for me after dealing with it for a couple of weeks. Last week I was in so much pain and the day ahead seemed so overwhelming that I called my mom and burst into tears. Nothing was relieving the pain in my legs and it was so bad that I could hardly stand up and my legs were so swollen I could barely bend my knee. My mom came over and helped with Peyton and doing things around the house. The next day I called the dr again and she prescribed me a pair of compression stockings. I went to a medical supply place to get measured for them and found immediate relief as soon as they were on. So it looks like I will be wearing them daily until the baby comes.
They are not the most attractive or comfortable things but I am so glad
that I got them. The swelling and pain is still there but it's
tolerable now and doesn't prevent me from going about the day. I feel
much more like myself again - a very pregnant version of myself but
still more myself. I am so thankful to my mom who came over everyday last week to help me. Peyton and I appreciated it very much!
This pregnancy has definitely thrown some curve balls my way and I'm ready for it to be over, but I also can't believe that I'm less than 3 weeks from my due date! It's hard for me to wrap my head around having another child. We've been so blessed with Peyton and it's hard to imagine loving anyone as much as we love her. But every mom of 2+ tells me you just do. Your heart expands and the love multiplies. It's overwhelming to even think about! I'm trying to soak up these last couple of weeks with Peyton and Jason as a family of 3. I am so excited to meet our baby boy and put a face to the little guy that has been growing inside of me for the past 9 months (and constantly kicking me in the right side!). I know he's going to be just as amazing as his sister and I can't wait to hold him in my arms.
Monday, July 1, 2013
The Home Stretch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment