Monday, December 9, 2013

Purple Owl Party

We celebrated Peyton's 2nd birthday with a Purple Owl party.  I don't consider myself a great party planner but I've attended several toddler parties now for my nieces and nephew and have picked up some tips from my sister to make them successful!  Peyton had a great time and got so many nice gifts.  I'd say it was a success all around!

Ready to party!

I was pretty proud of the decorations I made.  I'm so not crafty so these were a big accomplishment for me!



















I can't take credit for the cake.  Another awesome creation by my sister!



























One of the tips I've picked up from my sister's parties is to have an activity for the kids to do.  I found these cute little owls at Michaels and the girls had a great time decorating them!




































Peyton was a little overwhelmed when it came to opening gifts.  She loved everything she got and wanted to play with each toy as she opened it.  It took a while but we managed to open them all!  She loved her Bitty Baby and Elmo.  The Elmo talks and gives hugs and she looked at it like it was the real Elmo she sees on tv.  She was so infatuated with him!




















We had great company as usual but missed Scott and Teddy (Teddy was napping) and Peyton's friend Harper who wasn't able to make it.




Auntie was on nap duty.  She was successful in getting Charlie to sleep!































Peyton enjoyed everyone singing Happy Birthday to her and enjoyed her cake even more!




















Peyton had a great time and crashed after everyone left.  After her nap we all snuggled in bed and watched the Mizzou football game.  A perfect day!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

what a fun party!! love the theme and super impressed by your sister's cake!

Shannon said...

It was a great party! We were so happy to be able to help Peyton celebrate -- we love that little girl!