Wednesday, August 13, 2014

First Day of School Jitters

Peyton has her first day of preschool tomorrow and I'm feeling super anxious about it!  She has been talking about going to school all by herself now for months but I can't believe that tomorrow morning we will actually drop her off for 3 hours.  It will be the first time we've ever left Peyton with someone other than family.  She will only go to school two mornings a week for a total of 6 hours away but it's going to be strange to come home without her, to not know what she is doing for those hours or how she is feeling.  She did great at the Open House the other night and walked right into the classroom and started playing like she had been going there for years.  I'm hoping she is as comfortable tomorrow but she did have a moment of hesitation tonight.  She told me she didn't want to go to school "for this year" and she didn't want to go by herself.  My heart dropped but I put on my best brave Mommy face and reassured her how much fun she was going to have.  It didn't help that she didn't nap today and was over tired so her emotions were running high.  But after our talk she seemed fine and went to bed early.  As I was singing her the bedtime song I've been singing since she was born I got choked up.  It's hard to believe she is even old enough to be going to school and taking her first steps of independence without me.  I'm bracing myself for a difficult goodbye but hoping it's not too hard on either one of us!

I know Peyton will do great and love school.  I'm just ready to get the first day to be over with so I can see how great she is going to do!

No comments: