Peyton's first day of school went great! I had to wake her up this morning and she wasn't ready to get up but after a few more minutes laying in the crib she was up and all smiles when I reminded her that she would be going to school today! As we were getting ready to leave she was marching around the house and singing "goin to my school, goin to my school". She was so excited!
 |
| Eating breakfast |
 |
| Charlie was excited too :) |
 |
| Backpack on and ready to go! |
 |
| Goin to my school! |
Jason went into work a little late so we could both drop her off. We walked into the school and Peyton showed off her new backpack to the lady greeting us at the door as well as the director who greets everyone in the hallway. She was skipping and jumping and friendly to everyone who spoke to her. When we walked into her classroom she was excited to hang her backpack up in her cubby and then she was off. She went right over to the table where some other kids were playing playdough. I had to go ask her for a hug and kiss goodbye which she gave me quickly before going off to play some more. I looked at Jason and kind of shrugged like ok I guess we go now? It was a quick and painless goodbye for her which was great but I had a little trouble walking out the door even though I knew it was best not to linger. I must have looked back at her 5 times as I was inching out the door.
The morning went by quickly. I was able to get Charlie down for a nap, do a quick workout and shower and then it was about time to pick Peyton up. I was so anxious to see how she did! The kids were lined up sitting against the wall in the hallway. Seeing Peyton sitting there with the other kids, her backpack on made me really realize how big she is getting and how she is truly a little girl now, no longer a baby. When she saw me she shouted "Mommy!" and came running to me. It was the best moment and I got a little teary eyed. Her teacher said Peyton had a great morning and had no trouble at all. She told me that she and another little girl had color sorted the crayons and then mixed them all up laughing hysterically. On the way home Peyton told me about her morning, the books they read and all about playing on the playground. She drew me two pictures and was so proud to pull them out of her backpack when we got home to show me. At one point on the way home I said to her "I sure did miss you." Her response: "Oh sweetie, I came back." Oh my sweet girl. Sometimes I don't know who the Mama is around here :)
It's hard to believe that we are to the point now where we have a child in school. I know it's only two mornings a week but there was something about driving to school this morning that made me feel that much more like a Mom. I am so excited to see how Peyton grows and changes this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment