Last Thursday was Peyton and Charlie's last day of school. Since we recently moved this was their last day at The Brentwood Early Childhood Center. We are all really sad to be leaving such a great school. We loved the teachers, director and friends we made there and will miss them all very much!
At drop off in the morning, I saw our Parents as Teachers facilitator and she gave me a huge hug and got teary which made me get teary. She has been with us since Peyton was 9 months old and was a huge support to me last year when I was pregnant with Nora and preparing for what we thought was going to be a move across the country. As I walked out to my car I had a hard time holding back the tears. It hit me hard that we were leaving a wonderful school and community. I know we made the right choice and will be happy in our new community but it didn't make saying goodbye any easier. Of course the good part is that we can keep in touch with everyone and hopefully will but it won't be quite the same. At pickup I got Charlie first and we said goodbye to his teacher. Miss Shelley had both kids and also lived in our neighborhood. We loved her and enjoyed seeing her so much over the past two years. We gave her hugs and then went down the hall to get Peyton. I found her curled up on one of her teacher's lap in tears. She understood she wouldn't be coming back to this school and was just so sad to say goodbye. Although I question whether she would have cried even if we were going back next year. She loves school. Her tears set off a chain reaction. She gave her teacher, Miss Katie, a big hug and burst into more tears which made Miss Katie and me cry. Then Miss Shelley came around the corner and Peyton gave her a big hug and started crying all over again and she was in tears too. It was much more emotional than I expected! A friend posted a quote from one of her kid's graduation that I thought summed it up perfectly: "How lucky are we to have something that makes it so hard to say goodbye?" We were lucky to have two years at BECC!
 |
| Charlie and Miss Shelley |
 |
| Peyton and Miss Katie |
 |
| Peyton, Miss Jamie and Miss Katie |
 |
| Peyton and Charlie with Miss Shelley |
It's amazing how much the kids have grown and changed in the past nine months!
No comments:
Post a Comment