Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Radley Ct

Our first home on Radley Ct in Brentwood will always hold a special place in our hearts.  Jason and I bought that house a few months before we got married and lived there almost 7 years.  Our entire married life up to this point took place in that house and it holds so many wonderful memories for us. We painted the walls of that house and made it our own.  We learned how to take care of that house and all that comes with it. Jason put hours of work into the yard and garden at that house.  We had parties with our friends and family in the backyard of that house.  The pre-kid parties often lasting late into the night/morning and culminating with dance parties on the deck.  I found out I was pregnant all 3 times in the bathroom of that house.  I shared that news with Jason all 3 times (in different ways each time) in that house. We sat in the living room of that house waiting to go to the hospital to welcome our first child, nervous and excited.  We became a family in that house when we brought Peyton home.  We spent endless hours in our bedroom in that house just staring at her fascinated with her every move  I spent long nights rocking Peyton in her room at that house. We watched Peyton take her first steps in the basement of that house.  I spent hours bouncing on my birth ball in that house when I was pregnant with Charlie.  My water broke with Charlie in that house.  We brought Charlie home to meet his sister in that house and learned how to manage two kids. Charlie learned how to play ball in the yard of that house.  We watched Peyton and Charlie become best buddies in that house.  I cried in the bathroom in that house when I thought we were going to move to San Francisco (I was very emotional and pregnant!)  We brought Nora home to that house and watched Peyton and Charlie immediately fall in love with her.  We watched Nora grow through her first 9 months in that house.  We took countless walks through the neighborhood and to the park and library.  We started the kids in preschool in that house and found some wonderful friends in the community.  Everything we know and have to this point happened in that house.  It was very bittersweet to say goodbye to those walls that hold so much for us.  But we will take the memories with us knowing they are some of the best of our lives.  We look forward to the next chapter in our new house and making many more memories.

A few pictures from our last week at Radley Ct.












No comments: