Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wedding Planning

I have spent many many hours on the computer researching every type of invitation imaginable, every photographer in St. Louis, several DJ's, and honeymoon options. I thought these would be the easy things! Who knew there were soo many options for everything! It's a good thing that we still have 16 months til the big day and I'm not in a hurry to make decisions! I am enjoying the planning process though and learning a lot! I do not consider myself a very good party planner or a very creative person, but I have a feeling I will be both by the time we get married. I am enjoying picking out everything down to the smallest detail and ensuring that it reflects Jason and I and our personalities. I want our wedding to be as personal as possible. I'm considering some Do-It-Yourself projects but we'll see how those come along. I'd like to design and make our invitations and programs. I have lots of ideas but I don't know if I actually have the skill to carry through! I have found a lot of helpful websites though so we'll see what happens! Jason has been involved in the planning as much as he can. I have a little more free time than he does between work and school, so I do most of the researching and phone calls, but Jason has an opinion on most things (not just whatever you want honey ;)) and he has been involved in all the final decisions.

We have also had 3 meetings with our priest as part of our marriage prep. I was extremely nervous about these meetings at first for some reason, but we have both really enjoyed them! Msgr. Javonovic is extremely nice and put us both at ease right away. He's sparked some conversations and thoughts that probably would not have come up otherwise. Last week we had to take the FOCUS test (I have no idea what that stands for). It's basically a compatibility test consisting of 156 questions based on the topics: love, religion, money, family etc. We will get our results back next week, so I'll let you know if we are compatible!

I finally went dress shopping while we were in Connecticut visiting my sister. I was also really nervous about this for some reason. I guess because it's the biggest wardrobe decision I will ever have to make and sometimes it takes me 20 min just to decide what to wear in the morning! I actually had a lot of fun trying on dresses though. It was great to have my sister and my mom there to offer their opinions. I trust them to be brutally honest! I tried on about 5 dresses and all 3 of us really liked the last one. It was the one that made me feel most like a princess! It's definitely the one to beat at this point. We found some boutiques here in St. Louis that carry the dress so if I do end up choosing it we won't have to go all the way back to Connecticut! My mom and I are going to go look again this weekend so maybe I'll find "the one!"

No comments: