Monday, April 13, 2009

Food, Family and Fun

As usual, the weekend flew by way, way, way too fast. But we had a lot of fun.
Friday night, Lauren and I went to dinner at Araka . We had a nice leisurely dinner and the food was fantastic. Everything about the dinner was great (we were celebrating so I suppose that was fitting). We had lobster BLTs for an appetizer, Lauren had scallops (awesome) and I had a strip steak (I wish I had another in front of me right now) and then we topped it all off with a chocolate chip pound cake with ice cream. If anyone is looking for a nice place in Clayton for a special occasion, I would highly recommend Araka.
We made it home in time to watch the Blues clinch a playoff spot. While this meant very little to Lauren, I appreciated her willingness to indulge another instance of my love of sports. Speaking of sports, my cousin Jake and I went to the Cardinal game on Saturday. We met my friend, Luke, and his girlfriend, Kim, before the game and enjoyed a great day and an even better baseball game (a grand slam and a three-run home run by Albert Pujols).
Lauren didn't make it to the baseball game because Saturday was her wedding shower (I'll let her recap that).
Easter Sunday I had breakfast with the Ross', went to church with my family and then had lunch with my mom's side of the family. Unfortunately my sister, Erin, had to work so I didn't get to see her. I finished the day back over at the Ross' where I was determined to remind my goddaughter, Millie, that she did in fact like me . It was great to spend the day with family but Monday just came way too fast. I hope everyone had a happy Easter.

No comments: