Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My big news...

Last week I posted about some exciting news that I wasn't actually able to share yet, but I finally got the ok. Some of you may already know, but if you don't, last week I found out that my sister, Scott, and Millie (and baby to be of course!) are 100% moving back home this summer!! YAY!!!! I am so excited! My sister and I have not really lived in the same town since she went away to college 15 years ago! I was only 12 at the time and really too young to appreciate my big sister. Our relationship has grown so much since then and I can't wait to have her close by so we can do fun sister things all the time i.e go shopping, double date with our hubbies, gossip over coffee/tea ;)

I obviously can't wait to have Millie close by. I have always hated being so far away from her and felt like I missed so much even though I've made an effort to see her as much as possible. When she was born I was literally ready to pack my bags and move to Connecticut just to be close to her. Jason kept telling me to just be patient and wait a couple of years and maybe they would end up back here. He couldn't help but give me a big old "Told ya so" the other night at dinner! Millie is growing and changing so fast and I can't wait to be a hands on Aunt and do all kinds of fun things with her. I can't wait to see this little face everyday

I am also really excited that I will be able to play an active role in the new baby's life pretty much from the start. My sister is due in July and they will likely be moving in August. With the wedding in September it's going to be a very busy summer for our family!

I'm really happy that things worked out for Shannon and Scott. Scott is lucky enough to actually keep his current job and work remotely from St. Louis which will allow my sister to take some time off and be a stay at home mom for a while. Things really could not have worked out better for them! They are in town this week and are going house hunting all day tomorrow. Hopefully we will be neighbors :)

This past Saturday was my first bridal shower! I have tons to post, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. Jason is on his way home from class and it's time for some relaxing on the couch :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

We couldn't be happier to be moving so close to you and Jason and the rest of the family! Millie and baby are going to LOVE having so much family around! We love you!!