Today was a day of mixed emotions. I received some not so good news and then some very good news!
It's been a rough week for me at work. Last week my company had to lay off 260 employees, two in my department, one of which is a good friend of mine. I am very grateful that my job is safe, but it's really hard to see people react to the news that they are not so lucky. I work in a small department and losing two people plus one who retired is going to change up the whole dynamic of the group. I'm hoping that ultimately this will be my time to shine and really prove myself. I know my workload is going to increase but I actually welcome that because in all honesty I've been pretty bored at my job for a long time. Just as I am getting used to the smaller group and settling back into my normal routine, today a mass email went out from the president of the company. A salary cut across the board. UGH. I knew there might be some other cost cutting measures taken, but I didn't see that one coming. Even though I know I did nothing wrong, it's still a bit of a blow to the ego. Thankfully Jason continues to do very well at his job and his company is doing well despite the poor economy. I know things could be much worse and again, I'm very grateful to even have a job. I just really hate this economy and having to deal with all this grown up stuff!
Shortly after I got the not so good news, I received some very good, very exciting news! Unfortunately, I can not go into details just yet but will share as soon as I can. Jason and I are both very excited and happy though and this is something that I have been waiting for for a long time! Oh and just in case anyone is wondering, no, I'm not pregnant ;) I know the rules: First comes marriage and THEN the baby carriage :)
So it's been a busy day in my little brain trying to process all of this information and a bit of an emotional roller coaster. At the end of the day though, I feel very blessed to be where I am in my life, grateful to have a job and really looking forward to the future.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Mixed Emotions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YIKES...so sorry to hear about your job. Thank goodness you didn't lose it though! I wonder what your exciting new is?!!? Humm....
Could it be that a little person you are crazy about is moving closer? Just a guess lol
Post a Comment