My mom and I met with Susie, our florist, on Sunday to sit down and decide on a floral scheme. Susie is actually the Aunt of my friend and bridesmaid, Emily, and she works for a florist here in St. Louis. We have known Susie for a long time and she did the flowers for my sisters wedding. She is very creative and does beautiful work so I know working with her will be great! Unlike some of the other details of the wedding, I actually had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to it was a really easy, fun process. We decided on hot pink roses, green cymbidium orchids, and lime green hydrangeas! My bouquet will be all hot pink roses with green hypericum berries around the edge and wrapped in ivory satin ribbon. My mom is letting me borrow the rosary that she got for her confirmation and it will be wrapped into the bouquet and hang down the front. It's beautiful and I'm so glad we thought of using it! So it will look something like this.
The girls' bouquets will have lime green hydrangeas, the orchids and hot pink roses. Something similar to this only with roses instead of peonies.
I think the pink and green will really pop against the girls' darker dresses.
Speaking of the bridesmaids dresses, they came in yesterday! They were deliverd to my mom's house and everything looks great. One of my BM's, Emily came over and tried hers on and she looked beautiful. I can't wait to see all the girls in their dresses! Just over 3 months to go!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Flowers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment