Ok, back to wedding posts!
Saturday, September 12
Our ceremony was beautiful and Monsignor Jovanovic did a wonderful job officiating. I know many people appreciated the fact that he was fairly short and to the point and it didn't drag as some Catholic ceremonies can. The music was also beautiful. I have to admit that I really didn't "hear" it because I was so focused on Jason and kept whispering to him during lulls in the ceremony;). However, my parents received many compliments. The organist at the church is just the cutest little old man and he was very helpful when we picked out our music. We also hired a trumpeter and I think it made a big difference. There is something about a trumpet that just makes music sound more grand. We also hired the soloist through the church. All 3 combined made for some beautiful music!
After the ceremony Jason and I were both extremely happy/relieved that the hardest part of the day was over and we were ready to party with all of our guests!


Walking down the aisle was probably the most emotional part of the day for me. I was pretty determined not to totally lose it but really had no idea how overwhelming that moment would be. I almost couldn't breathe because of all the happiness, excitement, nervousness I was feeling. I remember passing my brother, Christian, who was standing at the back of the church and letting out a huge breath - I remember this because it made him laugh and made me realize that I had been holding my breath! One piece of advice I read during wedding planning was to lock eyes with your groom the whole way down the aisle and that is exactly what I did. I didn't notice anyone else in that big church but Jason and couldn't wait to get to him! I tried to smile the whole way down but did almost lose it towards the end. I think I was making little squeaking noises trying to suppress any sobs that might escape!
The doors opening. My dad asked me right before if I was ready for this. My response: YES!

Making our way down the aisle

Eyes on the prize :)

Still going...

Once we finally got to the end of the loong aisle (150 ft!) and my dad handed me off to Jason, I immediately felt calm. Finally being next to him made all of my nerves dissapear and I was completely relaxed for the rest of the ceremony. Now, Jason on the hand...not so much. Poor guy had a bit of rough time under those hot lights and being in a full tux. His nerves didn't help the situation either. There was a moment when his groomsmen were fully braced to catch him if he started to faint. They also laughed at me later because they could hear me whisper to Jason, "Get your hanky". Luckily, he made it through the ceremony fully conscious!
The doors opening. My dad asked me right before if I was ready for this. My response: YES!
Making our way down the aisle

Eyes on the prize :)

Still going...
Once we finally got to the end of the loong aisle (150 ft!) and my dad handed me off to Jason, I immediately felt calm. Finally being next to him made all of my nerves dissapear and I was completely relaxed for the rest of the ceremony. Now, Jason on the hand...not so much. Poor guy had a bit of rough time under those hot lights and being in a full tux. His nerves didn't help the situation either. There was a moment when his groomsmen were fully braced to catch him if he started to faint. They also laughed at me later because they could hear me whisper to Jason, "Get your hanky". Luckily, he made it through the ceremony fully conscious!
Our ceremony was beautiful and Monsignor Jovanovic did a wonderful job officiating. I know many people appreciated the fact that he was fairly short and to the point and it didn't drag as some Catholic ceremonies can. The music was also beautiful. I have to admit that I really didn't "hear" it because I was so focused on Jason and kept whispering to him during lulls in the ceremony;). However, my parents received many compliments. The organist at the church is just the cutest little old man and he was very helpful when we picked out our music. We also hired a trumpeter and I think it made a big difference. There is something about a trumpet that just makes music sound more grand. We also hired the soloist through the church. All 3 combined made for some beautiful music!
After the ceremony Jason and I were both extremely happy/relieved that the hardest part of the day was over and we were ready to party with all of our guests!
No comments:
Post a Comment