Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas

Jason and I had a wonderful Christmas!
This Christmas brought many firsts:

  • Our first Christmas as husband and wife
  • Our first Christmas in our new home (Jason and I celebrated at home early Christmas morning before heading out to my parent's house. It was so nice to have some time just the two of us to exchange gifts and be in our own home. I think we will make this a tradition!)
  • Our first Christmas with my sister and her family back in St. Louis
  • Our first Christmas spent entirely together. (In the past we have split up to accommodate the many family gatherings going on simultaneously)
Christmas Eve with the Griesenauer's. This is one of our favorite days of the year! We spent Christmas Eve morning and afternoon at Jason's parent's house, ate a delicious brunch, exchanged presents, and then napped before heading to church. It doesn't get much better! After church we headed to Jason's Uncle's house to celebrate with the entire Griesenauer clan. They always have the best food and I ate way too much but loved every bite!

The little girls in this family are too cute! It's so fun to watch them all together and I think it's so awesome that they have their great-grandparents still around to spoil them :)


Christmas Day with the Ross'
Christmas is getting more exciting at the Ross house with the addition of two little girls! Millie was much more into Christmas this year and was soo happy to get her red wagon (the rest of day pretty much revolved around this wagon ;))! It's so fun to watch her excitement. I can only imagine how the next couple of years will be as Merrill gets older and is able to join in the fun!


Jason got this very handy book. I'll have to get started on my 'honey do' list!

Christmas afternoon we baked Christmas cookies. One of my favorite Ross traditions!
Millie was not digging her chef hat, but it was so cute!

She decorated about two cookies and was over it ;) But she did such a good job!

So did Jason :)

We wrapped up Christmas with a delicious dinner and watched a movie with my brothers. It's hard to believe it's all over, but I can't imagine a better Christmas.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Wow! What a year you and Jason have had and what a neat idea for a blog post! I'm sorry we didn't get to see you and your family in December....darn snowy, icy roads!
Leslie