Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More Resolutions

While my main goal for 2010 is to find a new career, I have several smaller resolutions as well. Some of which will help support my big goal and some of which are just things I need to do!

1.) Write more. This applies not only to blogging but also to writing creatively. As a Christmas present Jason paid for me to take an online writing class which actually starts today. I've taken a couple of these classes before and really enjoyed them. Writing is a great outlet for me, something I have enjoyed since I was young and maybe just maybe something I might think about trying to make a career out of. We'll see how things go. The course I am taking is Writing for Children's Books. I'm really excited to learn about specific techniques that will apply to writing for children since this is not something I've written before. The course is taught by an author and provides lessons and assignments each week. It's a great way to get feedback from a legitimate source. If I'm brave enough maybe I'll post some of my assignments here for your review as well.

2.) Read more. I used to read every night before I went to bed but now that time is typically spent watching tv. I really want to get back into reading. It's much better for the mind and will only help my writing skills. I just finished reading The Alchemist. My mom got me this book hoping it would provide some inspiration in figuring out what I want to do with my career. It's very good and has a great message about listening to your heart and following your dreams. Exactly what I need right now!

3.) Attend church regularly. This needs to become a priority for us. We easily get caught up on the weekends and miss church. We can't make excuses anymore and just have to make the time no matter what.

4.) Cook more. Jason and I love to go out to eat. We really enjoy trying out new restaurants and foods. But we both agreed that we need to cut back a little bit in 2010. Cooking at home will help us eat healthier and save some money. So time to put all those cookbooks I got for the wedding to use! I will share any favorites that we find along the way!

5.) Get on a good workout routine. I am very sporadic with my workouts. Some weeks I will go to the gym 5 days and others none. I need to find a good routine that I can stick with.

I'm hoping that 2010 will be a year of discovery for me, a year that I make some big decisions and a year that I better myself all around.

No comments: