For Christmas my parents got us two gift certificates for Time for Dinner and last Saturday Jason and I decided to go try it out. I think it's a great concept. You select 6 meals from the monthly menu and set up a time to go and prepare them. Each of the 6 meals is split into two containers with 3 servings each so we actually got 12 meals for $115. A great deal!
When we got there Saturday morning we were given aprons and shown the ropes. There are stations set up for every different meal offered and each has all of the ingredients you will need, with proper measuring devices, in the order you will use them. All utensils and mixing bowls are there as well along with instructions. It's so easy! Best of all - no clean up! Jason and I made: bacon wrapped bistro steak, parmesan encrusted chicken, tilapia almondine, jambalaya, sombrero soup, and egg/hashbrown casserole. We really enjoyed doing it together and I couldn't wait to eat everything we were making - it all looked so good. As soon as we finished preparing one meal, we packaged it up with labels (including nutrition info!) and cooking instructions, put it in the freezer and moved on to the next station. All of the meals are kept frozen and then thawed in the refrigerator when you are ready for them. It's so nice to come home from work and just pop something in the oven with no thought or the ever common conversation, "What do you want for dinner?" Plus, we know what we are eating. We prepared everything and know exactly what is in the food we are putting into our bodies. The same can not be said for frozen dinners from the grocery store. I also think we will end up saving money on groceries and eating out when we don't feel like cooking!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Time For Dinner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
We love Time for Dinner. The parm encrusted chicken is SO good. I saw the sombrero soup in there too... so yummy. Just like chili! Enjoy!
Sounds delicious - can't wait for the invite for dinner. See, I do read your blog too!
Dad
Looking to next month!!
Post a Comment