Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Charlie is ONE!

It's still hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that Charlie is a year old.  It just does not seem like that long ago that he was born.  Yet at the same time I feel like I can barely remember what life was like when he was a newborn/infant.  Time is funny like that.

We had  a wonderful little party for Charlie on Saturday.  We could not have asked for a more perfect day to celebrate our little guy.  It was sunny with temperatures in the low 80s - almost unheard of for July in St. Louis!  Charlie had a blast spending time with family and friends.  He loved his cake but really wasn't too interested in the whole present thing. Luckily he has a sister and cousins who love to open presents :)  It was a perfect day!


A little pre-party story time :)

My handsome boy!
The weather was so great we spent most of the party outside
 

Time for cake!  Once Charlie realized that he could eat the cake he loved it.  He decided to use the candle as a fork!  
Cake eating outfit :)
He loved being sung to!
Mmmmm


 After a quick bath and outfit change Charlie was ready for presents.  It was a little chaotic and he quickly sought refuge in (both!) Grandpa's lap and stayed there while Peyton brought the opened gifts over to show him.
Teddy's taking it all in
This Grandpa is too close to the action...
so I'm going to go sit with this one :)
After everyone left Charlie and Peyton were wiped out!  My parents stuck around for a little bit while Jason and I cleaned up and both kids were ready for some quiet time.
After a nap for Charlie we had a quiet evening with pizza on the patio.  It was a great day!  Happy birthday Charlie!  We love you!
Yay I'm one!!


No comments: