We survived our first week at home with 3 kids! I'll admit the first couple of days were a bit rough. Nora was up a lot at night and didn't really settle in for a long stretch until well after midnight leaving Jason and I very sleep deprived. Charlie has had a hard time adjusting and while he shows nothing but love for Nora he was acting out in other ways and just not quite himself. He seems to be getting used to our new normal now though and is back to his silly sweet self. He is also my little buddy again after rejecting me quite a bit and favoring Jason. Peyton has stepped right into her role as big sister and is a great helper and little Mommy. After those first two rough nights, Nora has been an incredible sleeper. I found myself waking up before she did and actually woke her up to feed her. Last night I decided to let her go and she slept 6 1/2 hours! Pretty awesome for being a week old. Jason and I are feeling so much better with a few good nights of sleep. Nora is eating well and is a very calm baby. She really is just a joy to us and we are so happy she is here!
Sunday, July 19, 2015
Nora's First Week
Peyton was so excited to have Baby Nora home
We are so grateful to my parents for staying with Peyton and Charlie while I was in the hospital.
Peyton and Charlie spent a lot of time rocking Nora and giving her kisses
Peyton is always rubbing her head :)
Charlie hasn't learned to say Nora yet so he calls her "baby"
He is very sweet and says "It's ok baby. No cry."
Kisses
Sweet girl
At one point Charlie pulled the boppy onto his lap and wanted to hold Nora
I don't know if he enjoyed it but he did it!
Heading to her first dr. appointment
Peyton was never far from Nora's or my side. She really is such a sweet and great big sister.
We saw A LOT of this lip this week along with hearing a lot of Noo! Poor guy really had no idea what was coming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment