Thursday, July 30, 2015

Chugga, Chugga, Two, Two!

We celebrated Charlie's birthday with a party at the Frisco Train Store.  A friend introduced me to the train store this summer and we had a few play dates there.  The store is set up with several train tables and kids can play for free!  When I found out they also did birthday parties I knew it would be the perfect place for Charlie's party.  This is the first time we have had one of the kid's birthday parties outside of our home, but knowing we would have a newborn baby I figured it would be the perfect year to do it.  I'm so glad we did!  Not only was the party fun and everyone had a great time but I had very little to do in the way of prep and planning which is exactly what I was looking for!

The store rents out the upstairs for birthday parties.  There are 3 or 4 different rooms set up with train tables, play kitchens and all sorts of fun stuff for the kids to play with.  There is a separate room for food and cake and games.  The kids had a blast playing!  Charlie was a little overwhelmed at times and stuck close to Lainie and Grandpa but he had fun playing in the kitchen and with the trains.  He was very excited to blow our the candle on his cake and was very proud of himself for doing it!  Jason and I enjoyed seeing friends and introducing them to Nora.  It was a great day!



 The birthday boy!




 Another awesome cake made by my sister

 The kids were so excited to see a real train go by on the tracks outside!




 I love the looks on everyone's face in the background of this picture! The pinata was a hit!



 Nora slept through the whole party














No comments: