Wednesday, August 12, 2015

First Day of School 2015

Peyton and Charlie started school today.  They both are going to preschool 3 mornings a week.  This will be Peyton's second year at school and Charlie's first.  Peyton was the veteran and had no problems getting right back into the school routine.  She is in a different classroom with a different teacher but has many of her friends from last year in her class.  She told me that she loves her classroom and is getting used to her new teacher.  She loved her teacher last year who is now Charlie's teacher so I think it will take her a little bit to warm up to her new teacher.  Charlie was a little nervous this morning before we left and was very snugly and wanted to be held which made me tear up.  I can't help but feel like maybe he's too young and we are starting him to early as he just makes the cutoff.  I was worried that he would have trouble when we left him but he didn't.  He washed his hands which he thinks is great since he can reach everything himself and then sat down to play playdough.  I told him I would be back later and he gave me a hug and kiss and said "bye."  It hurt my heart to leave my baby boy but I managed to get out of school without anymore tears.  I enjoyed my morning with just my littlest baby.  Nora and I took a walk to the library and Starbucks and I was able to shower and get ready before heading back to pick them up.  I was happy to hear that they both had a great morning.  Charlie's teacher said he did great and didn't want to go home when they were getting ready to come in from the playground.  He came running to me as soon as he saw me and gave me a big hug.  He wanted to be held and seemed a little overwhelmed but said he had fun.  Peyton's teacher also said she had a great day and Peyton filled me in on all the things she did.  I think it will be a great year for both of them!






No comments: