Friday, July 18, 2008

Adventures in Babysitting: Day 5

Days 4 and 5 went well with Millie. Yesterday we took a long walk around the neighborhood. Millie got a good nap in and I got some good exercise! We picked Shannon up from work and then came home and had a relaxing afternoon. Once Scott got home we decided to go to dinner at the Silvermine Tavern up the street and enjoy the buffet and some live dixieland music! Millie was very good and loved the music. She is quite the dancer and I will post some videos later. The buffet was good and the dessert buffet was even better! After dinner we came home and enjoyed some play time. My new game with Millie is to pretend that I am sleeping and she crawls all over me and attacks me! We both thing it's pretty funny ;) Unfortunately, Millie has been having some tummy troubles and had a hard time getting to sleep last night. She was still up when I went to bed around 10 - way past her bedtime!

This morning Scott stayed home to take Millie to the doctor just to make sure her tummy troubles were nothing to be worried about. The recommended prescription - prunes (she's eating some as I type)! Scott went on to work and Millie took a good nap. She was worn out from being up so late. We spent the rest of the day playing and watching the crazy chipmunks run around outside. When Shannon got home, I treated her and Millie to lunch at the Silvermine Market - to thank her for letting me come spend the week with Millie and providing me with all my meals and a comfy bed! I told her that if they ever needed a fill in babysitter again, I would be more than happy to come back and play "Nantie" for the week. I think we should make it an annual tradition. Although next time I might drag Jason along!

I have really enjoyed my time with Millie and hope she did too. We had a couple of rough patches, but at the end of the day there's nothing better than seeing her smile and laugh and it makes it all worth it. I will be sad to leave tomorrow, but at the same time I'm anxious to get back to Jason and normal life. Although, it's going to be weird to not wake up to Shannon singing songs and Millie jibber jabbering!

Thanks Shannon and Scott for everything! Millie is the best and you guys are doing a great job! I admire you even more now, having gained some insight into your life and how hard you work, both professionally and as parents. I love you guys!

No comments: