While Lauren is away spending time with our Goddaughter, Millie, I have been finding activities to occupy my time. So I spent this morning with Lauren's dad. I showed up at the Ross' house at about 8:30 ready to get my first taste of kayaking. After loading the kayaks onto the roof of the CR-V we were on our way to Simpson Lake. I was informed at this point that Lauren had instructed her father, all the way from Connecticut, not to let me drown. I thought she would have more faith in my athleticism and ability to learn...but apparently not. After some brief, but very helpful, instructions from Ric I was afloat. We circled the lake a few times, without incident, enjoying the beautiful weather we were lucky enough to be given. I had a really good time taking part in this new-to-me sport and it is something I will definitely try again.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment