Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's been a roller coaster of emotions at our house for the past couple of weeks. Two weeks ago Jason's grandfather fell and hit his head. He suffered a severe injury that was just too much and last week he passed away. Needless to say it was a rough couple of weeks for Jason and his family. It was difficult to say goodbye to such a wonderful man, but I have to say that I am so proud to be a part of his family. The Griesenauer clan is a tough group and they came together and supported one another so much during this difficult time. There were a lot of tears but also a lot of laughter and story telling. I am lucky to have joined such a great family and one that reminds me a great deal of my own. I am happy I had the chance to know Jason's Grandpa and hear all of his silly (and dirty!) jokes from his Navy days. He was such a sweet man and I will always remember him dancing the night away at our wedding.

Jason's Grandparents won the anniversay dance at our wedding. They were married 63 years!


I'll end this post with the famous toast that Jason's Grandpa loved and used to say all the time. We raised our glasses to this many times over the weekend :)
"Here's to the breezes, that blow through the treezes and lift the pretty girls' skirts up above their kneezes. It marks the spot that teases, pleases, spreads diseases and pays doctors feezes, byjesus."

No comments: