I am not usually a big fan of change. I'm a pretty routine person and change usually freaks me out a little. However, there comes a time when change is necessary and I have reached that point in my career. It's time for something different. I've made it my goal for 2010 to find a job that makes me happy and fulfilled. I'm happy to say that I have taken the steps to make that change! Starting tomorrow, I will be working at my current job part time and taking on the role of nanny for my nieces, Millie and Merrill, part time! I think this is the best possible thing for me right now and gives me the best of both worlds.
Some benefits to my new work schedule:
- I will be spending less time at a job that I don't really enjoy. I actually think this will give me a greater appreciation for my job and I will enjoy the time I am there more.
- I'm still keeping a foot in the door at my current company and as well as the business world. I don't know if I want to stay in the business world long term, but this gives me some time to figure it out while still gaining valuable experience.
- I get to spend more time with my two favorite little girls! I know it will be challenging in many ways, but I'm ready!
- I've recently been considering going back to school to get my degree in Early Childhood Education. What better way to test out if this is something I really want to do than spending time with a 2 yr old and 9 month old?!
1 comment:
We are SO excited that you took this step! The girls love their Nantie and you had a great first day :)!
Post a Comment