One month into my training and I am really starting to feel like a legitimate runner. Here are a few reasons why:
- Friday evening I ran 3.5 miles like it was no big deal.
- I ran on a Friday evening.
- Sunday morning I ran 5 miles and dropped almost 3 minutes off my time from the previous week.
- I got up early on a Sunday morning to go running.
- I am craving meat. Maybe this is not a sign of becomming a runner as much as just increasing my activity in general, but I have never craved meat so much in my life! Example: Last week Jason and I went to grab a quick dinner at Bread Co. before going to the Cardinals game. I foolishly ordered a veggie sandwich while Jason ordered a roast beef sandwich. I was eyeing Jason's sandwich so bad that we eventually switched. I needed that roast beef!
- I feel guilty if I miss a run.
- I'm starting to really enjoy my runs and look forward to them. I'm really starting to feel that "runner's high" I hear about. I enjoy running outside much more than I thought I would and hope that it's something I continue after the 1/2 marathon.
8 weeks to go til race day!
No comments:
Post a Comment