Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training Week 6

6 weeks down, 6 to go. I can't believe I'm halfway done with my training program. Each week I get a little more nervous thinking about the actual race. I've never run a race before (unless you count 6th grade field day!) and I don't really know what to expect. I know it's going to be a completely different experience than my everyday running though. I will be in a new environment although I hope to scope out the course before the race and I will be surrounded by thousands of people. I read this morning that they are expecting around 8500 participants this year! This is probably what makes me the most nervous. I'm used to running by myself or with Jason and I think I will get very claustrophobic and anxious when I'm in that big of a crowd. I know the crowd will thin out eventually but I'm nervous about the start. Part of the training program is to do a 5k and 10k race. I was supposed to do a 5k race this past weekend, but didn't fit it in due to too much celebrating of my birthday ;) So, hopefully we can find a 10k race to do in a couple of weeks so I can at least have one race under my belt before the half marathon.

This week's training brings another increase in mileage and I will have a 7 mile run on Sunday! I'm anxious to see how I do - that will be more than half of the total distance of the race!

No comments: