Jason and I celebrated Valentine's Day Saturday with a nice dinner at LoRusso's (our Valentine's tradition) and then a movie at the Moolah. We always have a great meal at LoRusso's and Saturday was no exception. We both commented how much we just love it there. The food, the atmosphere, the service. Perfection every time. We saw The King's Speech and both really enjoyed it. Colin Firth was amazing and I can understand why he is up for so many awards! This was the first time I have been to the Moolah theater. They have love seats and couches in place of stadium seating. It was kind of nice to feel like you were at home at the theater!
Today Jason started a new job at New Balance as Marketing Specialist for their e-commerce site shopnewbalance.com. He came home tired, but excited about this new opportunity. I think it's going to be a great place for him. Plus, we get great deals on New Balance gear and shoes :)
Jason requested these enchiladas for Valentine's dinner: Over The Border Shrimp Enchiladas. This is the second time I have made these and they turned out even better than I remembered!
For dessert I made a Red Velvet Cherry Cake. My Aunt gave me a recipe for "Soo Easy Chocolate Cherry Cake" at one of my bridal showers. I decided to revise it a bit and make it more Valentinesy :) Here is the recipe:
1 box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 can Cherry Pie Filling (I used lite)
3 eggs
1 tsp almond extract
Mix together cake mix, eggs, and cherry pie filling. Stir in almond extract. Spread into 13x9 greased and floured pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
Fresh out of the oven. Love the color! Pefect for Valentine's Day :)
I whipped up a cream cheese frosting. It was a little more like a glaze but actually really worked with the cake. I tried to get a little creative with my decorating. I found some stencils at Michaels and thought they would be cute. I definitely don't win any points for my decorating skills but Jason appreciated the sentiment :)

Happy Valentine's Day!
Monday, February 14, 2011
Happy Valentine's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment