Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Restaurant of the Month: L

Kelly and I switched it up this month and met at Lola for brunch instead of our usual dinner. The brunch menu at Lola isn't big but offers a variety of crepes, waffles, egg benedicts and a few unique offers like Savory Creole Breakfast Bread Pudding. Kelly and I were eying several things so we decided to order two and share. We ended up with an Omelet Stuffed Crepe (spinach, mushrooms, gruyere, topped with a white sauce) and the Smoked Salmon Benedict. Both were delicious! The crepe was light and stuffed to the brim with spinach and mushrooms (that makes it healthy right?) and the sauce that topped it off added a nice creaminess without being overpowering. The benedict was a great take on the classic with an english muffin topped with smoked salmon, a poached egg and holandaise sauce. Paired with coffee and mimosas it was the perfect brunch!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I've been wanting to try Lola--glad you gave it a good review!