Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Jason's B-Day Weekend

Well Blizzard 2011 decided to bypass St. Louis. Judging by the crazy amounts of snow it dumped nearby I'd say that's a good thing. We ended up with a couple of inches of sleet topped of with a couple of inches of snow. It was nice to have a snow day yesterday - those don't happen often-but it was back to reality today.

Jason's 27th birthday was last Friday and we spent the weekend celebrating with friends and family. Friday evening we had a "White Trash Bowling" party with our friends at a local bowling alley. What is White Trash Bowling you ask? Basically just an excuse to dress like a fool and bowl with your buddies :) I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.




I think Shannon was thinking "wow, I'm about to marry this guy?!" ;)

Mary always has the perfect outfit for every theme party. I mean check out those boots.

Brandon was kind of creeping me out in this wig

Classy ladies


Me and my bro

Jason and I had a great time!

Saturday evening we had dinner with Jason's family at Dewey's Pizza followed by cake and Mizzou basketball at our house. It was a much more low key night :)


We rounded out the weekend of celebration with a panini party at my sister's house with my family. Jason and I have a panini maker and although we don't use it much it's fun for family get-togethers. My sister and I went to the store and bought a variety of meats, cheeses, and veggies and my sister made homemade tomato basil focacia. Everyone was able to create their own panini. It was delish! Jason got to spend some quality time with his nieces and even got a new ladder!



It was a great weekend. Thanks to our friends and family for making Jason's birthday so special!

No comments: