GIRL!!!
I had a great dr. appointment yesterday and we were able to see our little girl! It's amazing how much she has grown since we saw her for the first time at just 9 weeks. She actually looks like a real baby now :) Jason and I loved watching her move around on the screen and it was definitely a moment that I will never forget. We almost were not able to find out the sex of the baby. She is butt down at the moment and the tech could not get a good view for the first half of the ultrasound. But like a good little girl, she eventually moved around enough that we were able to get the anatomy shot :) I had a feeling it was girl all along and had a dream the night before that it was a girl. Jason went into the appointment thinking it might be a boy, but at one point the tech said "oh, that baby is giving you the evil eye". That's when he knew it must be a girl and she already inherited the dirty looks I shoot him on occasion ;) I think Jason knows he's in for it with a girl and that she will have him wrapped around her little finger from day one. The other comment that he made was "All I can think about is paying for her wedding"! I guess that's what going to 4 weddings in the past month will do!
The Dr. reviewed all the measurements with us after the ultrasound and our baby girl is looking healthy and beautiful. She is petite right now (42% for size) which I am ok with since I am on the small side myself and am hoping to deliver a small baby! Although she is breech now, the dr. doesn't seem concerned and she has plenty of time to turn. I will get another ultrasound at my next appointment since the tech was not able to get a shot of her lower spine because of how she was positioned. I am excited that we will get to see her again!
We revealed the gender of the baby to our families last night with a dinner hosted by my sister. It was so much fun to tell everyone together. I think most of our family was surprised that it's a girl. Most were guessing boy!
 |
| All the old wives tales predicted a girl |
 |
| Can you tell I was excited?! |
 |
| First present from Grandpa Griesenauer |
 |
| So cute! |
 |
| My sister put together a great party! |
Jason and I can't wait to meet our little girl in December. She will be the 3rd granddaughter for my family, the first grandchild for Jason's family and the eleventh great-granddaughter for Jason's grandmother. I have a feeling that she will receive lots of hand me downs, be very loved and maybe a bit spoiled :)
1 comment:
ahhh CONGRATS! that is so so exciting :)
Post a Comment